I am on a journey in finding a religion that I find fits me in my life. I am learning all the time. I am finding myself drawn to the Buddhist Religion. My Father was Catholic, my mother Presbyterian. Both excommunicated from their churches when they both decided they loved each other and got married. Wow my parents stayed married for over 40 years , then separated only because my dad passed away.
I know what I do believe:
I believe in a higher spirit.
I want to be the best person I can be to humanity, for my family, and esp for myself.
I really want to try to wake up every day with living my life the way I should be.
Ya I do have a long way to go.
I was never forced to go to church as a child. My parents allowed me to experience any religion I wanted to explore. My mother and grandmother spoke a lot about god. So it wasn't like I wasn't brought up with some kind of spiritual guidance.
I know what I don't want:
I don't want to be in a religion that shuns other religions!
I don't want to feel I am a hypocrite.
What I do want:
I want to be able to ask questions freely.
I want to be able to be accepted without judgement.
Where Science and Buddhism Meet:
Part One:
2.
What Buddhists Believe In:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
About The Painting.
This link will take you to an awesome explanation about the what the different areas mean.
THE WHEEL OF LIFE PAINTING EXPLAINED <=====Click it
The Circle of Life Below
EXPLAINING THE WHEEL OF LIFE click me :0)
I know what I do believe:
I believe in a higher spirit.
I want to be the best person I can be to humanity, for my family, and esp for myself.
I really want to try to wake up every day with living my life the way I should be.
Ya I do have a long way to go.
I was never forced to go to church as a child. My parents allowed me to experience any religion I wanted to explore. My mother and grandmother spoke a lot about god. So it wasn't like I wasn't brought up with some kind of spiritual guidance.
I know what I don't want:
I don't want to be in a religion that shuns other religions!
I don't want to feel I am a hypocrite.
What I do want:
I want to be able to ask questions freely.
I want to be able to be accepted without judgement.
Where Science and Buddhism Meet:
Part One:
2.
What Buddhists Believe In:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
About The Painting.
This link will take you to an awesome explanation about the what the different areas mean.
THE WHEEL OF LIFE PAINTING EXPLAINED <=====Click it
The Circle of Life Below
EXPLAINING THE WHEEL OF LIFE click me :0)
In my opionion. If you are searching, and you have those beliefs you mentioned above. Then you are a good person. Learn, explore and always stay "TRUE TO YOURSELF".
ReplyDeleteI was one that was forced to go to Church. Im happy they follow what they believe. Well atleast I hope so. :-)
Thank you KPJ means a lot coming from you :0)
ReplyDeleteI also should have added. With all the studies that I have done in my last few years this one seems to fill were needs filling. But I never realy studied this one that close. What I have read and some of the video's Ive watched including the ones up above sure seem to explain it in a good way.
ReplyDeleteI also like the way the Native Americans look at things there "religion".
The journey is part of the growing process.